The Episcopal Health Foundation of Dallas (formerly the Gaston Episcopal Hospital Foundation”) is a private grant- making foundation, organized under the Texas Non-Profit Corporation Act, and exempt from federal income tax under Section 501(c)(3). The primary purpose of the Foundation is to provide funding for medical care, medical treatment, medical education, and/or medical research in the State of Texas.
- Applying organization must be located within the State of Texas. Preference is given to organizations that serve the same geographic area as encompassed by the Episcopal Diocese of Dallas, outlined here.
- Applying organization must be a 501(c)(3) public charity described in section 509(a)(1), (2), or (3) of the Internal Revenue Code, except that the organization may not be a Type III supporting organization that is not functionally integrated. Applying organization must provide an IRS determination letter as proof of tax exempt status and also the organization’s unique Employer’s Identification Number.
- Applying organizations must submit a completed application by the application deadline. Organizations that have applied previously are required to submit a complete application each year.
- Organizations that receive funding from the Episcopal Health Foundation of Dallas must submit a brief final written report detailing the results of the program/project before a new application will be considered. Final reports should include an itemized account of expenditures and incomes, copies of published materials and announcements, and a brief narrative summary of the project. We also appreciate any photographs of the project or organization which the Foundation can use to publicize the grant program.
- Medical grants for the following purposes are within the Foundation’s guidelines:
- Operating support
- The Foundation may approve multi-year pledges. The Foundation may also grant a single year of funding from a multi-year request and ask that the submitting organization reapply again the next year.
- Organizations may submit annual requests. Those organizations that have received significant awards within the previous year may be de-prioritized so that the committee can commit resources to other priorities that did not receive funding in the past year.
- The Foundation does not make grants supporting annual fund campaigns, deficit financing, political activities, underwriting for fundraising activities, lobbying purposes, or direct aid to individuals.
- The Foundation requires grant recipients to accurately credit the Episcopal Health Foundation of Dallas as the donor in any publicity or recognition efforts. In addition, the Foundation has the right to release information regarding the Foundation’s grants to its grantees to any public medium (media).
Medical grants for the following purposes are within the Foundation’s guidelines:
III. APPLICATION PROCESS
- The completed application must be received by the annual due date of July 31. If July 31 falls on a Saturday or a Sunday, applications will be due the following business day.
- Upon submittal, all application materials immediately become property of the Episcopal Health Foundation of Dallas.
- The Foundation reserves the right to request further material for an application or to conduct a site visit. These requests and visits will generally be made during July or August.
- All complete, qualifying applications will be reviewed by the Grants Committee, who will make funding recommendations to the full Board of Trustees. The Foundation’s Board of Trustees will review these recommendations and approve final grants in September.
- The Foundation will announce grants by September 30. All applicants will be notified in writing as to the amount of their grant award, if any. Award letters will include a Grant Agreement.
- Grant awards will not be disbursed until,
- Recipient has signed and returned the Grant Agreement, documenting the terms of the award, including the stated purpose for use of the funds.
- Recipient is prepared to spend the grant award for the stated purpose within the next 3 months.